Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tumbleweeds and Cows, Oh My!

Well, it looks like I'm still stuck on sub-dialup speeds on this verizon wireless aircard, here in Lubbock, TX. I'm attempting a speedtest on speakeasy.net again, hoping this time it'll complete before timing out. At least I can use notepad until I get into the next city with Verizon broadband access towers. We'll be approaching the halfway point on our trip pretty soon and it looks like we're making pretty good time: 400 miles in just over 6 hours. I've only had to fill up the gas in my Ford Ranger once so far...not bad seeing I only get 24 miles to the gallon. Nothing much to report on as I'm between a Town & Country gas station and a Double Discount liquour store: true signs of a Texan town, yeehaw! Now all we need is a few tumbleweeds and some cows (oh wait, I spot those too!)

Next post should be from Amarillo...I hope I can get some faster speed out of the networks up there in George Strait country, see ya then!

PS. That speed test just completed: I'm on a whopping 45kbps connection! Watch out now.

0 comments: