Sunday, July 15, 2007

Road Trip 2007! Back on the Road Again

I'm back, after a long hiatus from blogging. I know I'm quite behind on the blogging scene so I'm using this next event as an excuse to jump back in! This event will be Convergence Daily's first ever Road Trip! We'll be trekking across the vastness that are the Texas open roads from San Antonio through Amarillo into the panhandle across into New Mexico heading north into Colorado and finally landing in beautiful Colorado Springs, CO! That's a total of about 2,000 miles roundtrip! While driving my new Ford Ranger on its 1st roadtrip as well, I'll be testing a variety of technology ranging from mp3 players to a laptop and writing about my experiences all here on Convergence Daily. A short list of hardware includes: Sandisk Sansa e250R mp3 player, Philips 7" Widescreen portable DVD player, Apple iPod 30GB video, Canon PowerShot A510 3.2 MP & Sony CyberShot 7.2 MP digital cameras, a DELL Latitude D600 laptop, Verizon Wireless USB720 Broadband Aircard (almost T1 speeds on the road!), iMation 2GB flash drive, Casio G-Shock solar-powered watch, a CompUSA USB bluetooth adapter, my trusty Nokia 6265i mobile phone on the Cricket network and a Motorola RAZR on T-Mobile's network.

I'll be putting all of this hardware and more through its paces while I spend most of my trip in Colorado Springs, CO visiting all of the sites and even climbing Pikes Peak which sits at over 14,000 ft above sea level, that's more than half the height of Mt Everest, the tallest mountain in the world! I depart for this trip on Wednesday, July 18th to Colorado Springs, CO and shall arrive back in San Antonio Lord-willing safe and sound on July 24th sometime in the late evening. My plan is to post photos I've taken during the trip to my Flickr account, any video to YouTube, and of course all editorial content here at Convergence Daily. I might even take a look at using Twitter to track special events like the Pike's Peak climb. I'm very excited about this trip and look forward to sharing it with you all and testing the flurry of technology we'll have at our fingertips for your reading enjoyment!

See you on the 18th for Convergence Daily's Road Trip 2007!

0 comments: