Friday, December 09, 2005

First Nokia Retail Store Opens Doors in Moscow

It appears that Nokia is hot on the tails of Apple Computer, Inc. and other technology conglomerates such as DELL in opening their own retail store, their first in Moscow, Russia. Other retail locations will be opening up worldwide in the next couple of years. The purpose of Nokia providing a brick-and-mortar version of their online marketplace is of course to allow consumers to get the full monty of their mobile offerings all in one place. Their latest products will be debuted here in a "cutting-edge environment" giving consumers a chance to try them out before they decide to buy them. (see Nokia Press Release)

I, unfortunately will probably have to wait a long time before I see one in my neck of the woods (here in South Texas). For now though, I shall make a trip to the darkside...I mean, the new Apple retail store located at the Shops at La Cantera here in San Antonio and poke around a bit.

0 comments: