Friday, July 20, 2007

In the Middle of Nowhere

That's what most of Texas can feel like, but for now I'm in Dalhart, TX. With a population of only 7,300 people, there isn't much to see and do and this town merely acted as a pass-through point for us to just fill up on gas and make sure we're on the right path: north on Highway 87. I did give the Verizon aircard another test, but wasn't surprised when I found I was still on roaming dialup speeds (will post screenshot later).

All the gadgets are holding up well for the most part, altough it looks like I forgot to replace the batteries in my Canon Powershot, as it died. A quick double A replacement, and I was back on my way. My Nokia 6265i still won't place calls although I paid for 200 roaming minutes for this trip. Following the instructions from the automated Cricket service yielded no success, and I got tired of waiting on hold for a Cricket rep. Alas, at least our Motorola RAZR on the T-Mobile works (even if we're on Cingular's roaming network). Our next stop should be Raton, NM just 20 miles south of the Colorado border. See you there!

0 comments: