Wednesday, January 10, 2007

New Line of SanDisk Sansa Players

The team at SanDisk was onto something when they decided to start competing with the likes of Apple in the portable mp3 player market which is currently dominated by the numerous flavors of the iPod. SanDisk has released a number of mp3 players onto the market under the moniker of Sansa, and have attracted quite a positive response with their smooth silky design and intuitive interface. I recently purchased a Sansa, specifically the e250R which comes bundled with a two-month trial of Real Rhapsody and I LOVE IT. I have taken it with me on my travels across state and to my office to relax while I work. I've even looked at other things one can do with these players, including this. I don't imagine I'll have anything bad to say about the upcoming line of players that were showcased by SanDisk at this year's Consumer Electronics Show.


Starting in the lightweight division, the Sansa Express has a list of features that's surprising given its small size. Unlike any of the other players in the Sansa line, this one can be plugged directly into your computer's USB port without the use of a USB cable. It comes with a microSD card slot for expandable memory, an FM tuner, a vivid OLED display, and a mic for voice recording all for only $60 bucks!


Heading off the middleweight division is the Sansa Connect which brings streaming music to your ears via a WiFi connection and includes support for photos and internet radio. Topping off this truly mobile mp3 player is a handy microSD card slot to expand upon its initial 4GB of space.


Arriving at our heavyweight division we have for you the Sansa View showcasing true video capabilities sporting DVD-quality video and a wide variety of video file types and resolutions. It has a vibrant 4" screen and a built-in speaker to show off its multimedia prowess and comes with an SD/SDHC expansion slot for future expansion sizes up to 32GB! This 8GB player, like my Sansa e250R mp3 player, comes preloaded with content sure to keep new buyers busy playing with it long before they even get around to uploading their own material. Out of all of the devices being showcased by SanDisk at this year's CES, I'm looking forward to this one the most.

0 comments: